Monday, February 14, 2011

Fitness Model Gavin Ford Review of NorCalBodz (NCB) Model Management

Just wanted to give a shout out to Gary Gonzalez and NorCalBodz.  If you are in great shape and want to get into modeling this is the way to go. My first trip to Sacramento was amazing and far exceeded any expectations I may have had. 



Gavin Ford Fitness Model

I have been working out and doing the natural bodybuilding competitions for about three years. I made “teen bodybuilder of the week” on Bodybuilding.com and was contacted by some random people wanting to photograph me. It started me wondering if I could possibly have what it takes to get into modeling. I began researching the top fitness modeling photographers and agencies, that is when I came across NorCalBodz and Gary Gonzalez.


Gavin Ford Fitness Model

I thought his photography was perfection and all of his background information checked out. Believe me when I say my mom read and looked at any and all information out there on him and the company. If you are going to fly across the country and get into modeling, you better be careful who you are working with. There are a lot of people who will lead you down the wrong road real fast.




I had no experience being photographed and was nervous beyond belief. Was everyone going to be professional? Was I going to be comfortable in my skivvies in front of  a camera and people I didn’t know? These and a lot of other questions ran threw my mind.  


Gavin Ford Fitness Model

Gary came to the hotel and met with us (my overprotective mom insisted in making the trip with me) for about two hours, he went over everything in detail. He answered every question we had without hesitation. Showed us his work and went over the contract in full.



We then left mom at the hotel and went to work.  Gary is just a friendly and personable guy, and it didn’t take long for his love and enthusiasm  for his work to put me at complete ease. I have to say he was a complete professional, and I was soon loving it. When I saw some of the first few shots I was amazed that it was me in the photographs. The feeling of seeing yourself for the first time when shot by a great photographer is eye opening. 



Gary has helped me get set up with everything behind the scenes with all of the needed web exposure it takes to advance in this career. Don’t underestimate the importance of the “agent” part of this, the photos can be great, but you still have to know how to get them to the right places to get noticed. I am excited to see where this will lead, and feel there is a world of possibilities ahead. I can’t wait to return to California in April to work with NorCalBodz and Gary again. I hope to stay longer this time and add to my experience and portfolio.

Sincerely,
Gavin Ford
NCB Fitness Model


Gavin Ford Fitness Model

Gavin Ford Fitness Model

Gavin Ford Fitness Model

Gavin Ford Fitness Model

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...